PAGE 130 -re first product designed and patented by F&P – FIRST CLOTHES DRYERS

Homepage Forums New Zealand By Design:
A History of New Zealand Product Design
Chapter 6 – Products of Protection PAGE 130 -re first product designed and patented by F&P – FIRST CLOTHES DRYERS

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael Smythe 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Michael Smythe
    Participant

Per email from Graeme Stanley, 10-08-2012:
    My father Sam Stanley of Mooar & Stanley(Stanmor) Ltd designed and patented the Activair range of Electric Cabinet clothes Dryers long before F&Ps tumble ones. I have a photo somewhere of my fathers sliding rails which he also patented and a fold down door for resting the clothes basket on. We manufactured them under other brand names too. I well remember the prototype in my fathers garage. It was a packing case and he experimented with various heat boxes below. Later he put in a fan unit and we made thousands of them. I worked for our company all my working life.

We also manufactured and patented an Activette 3 in 1 Dryer / Ironing Board / Heater. I still get a buzz seeing them on Trade Me or in second hand shops.
    Yours sincerely Graeme Stanley Christchurch.

PS: We had factories @200 Montreal Street and 127-135 Wordsworth Street in Sydenham Christchurch.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.